Jeep Wranglers provide ample trunk space that allows you to store various items. However, if you find yourself needing more room, you have the option to fold down the seats. This feature enables you to create additional space in the Jeep’s interior. Now, the question arises, do Jeep Wrangler seats fold flat? So, let me answer that for you below.
Do Jeep Wrangler Seats Fold Flat?
Yes, the front seats and rear seats in the Jeep Wrangler can fold flat to maximize cargo space. All Wrangler models come equipped with seats that fold down to provide a nearly flat load floor. Only the driver and passenger seats remain upright for transporting people.
How to Fold Flat Jeep Wrangler seats?
Here is a detailed step-by-step guide on how to fold the seats flat in a Jeep Wrangler:
- Locate the seat release lever on the outer side of the front seat bottom, towards the rear of the vehicle. It will be a thin metal strap.
- Pull the lever upwards firmly and hold it in the raised position. This will disengage the seat locking mechanism.
- While still holding the lever up, grasp the top of the seatback and fold it forward gently until it lays flat against the floor pan.
- Release the lever once the seat is fully folded flat.
Repeat steps 1-4 for the other front seat.
- Find the seat release straps located under the rear seat cushion, one on each side. They may be covered by a small panel that flips up.
- Pull firmly on one of the straps towards the rear of the vehicle until it is fully extended. This will disengage the locking mechanism on that side.
- While still holding the strap, carefully fold the rear seatback forward and down until it lays flat.
Repeat steps 2-3 to release and fold the other side of the rear seatback.
Once both sides are folded down, fold the rear seat cushion forward so that it lays flat as well.
Check that none of the folded seats are impeding the operation of the others. Make adjustments if needed.
Why Do You Need to Fold your jeep Seats Flat?
The main reason people fold the Jeep Wrangler seats flat is to increase cargo capacity and haul larger items. With the seats folded down, it allows you to transport bikes, kayaks and surfboards etc. Folding the seats flat and putting the air mattress in will allows owners to use the Wrangler as a comfortable place to sleep during camping trips.
Jeep Wrangler Back Seat Won’t Fold Down:
If the rear seats don’t fold down easily, check that the seat release straps haven’t become jammed or stuck. Gently work the straps back and forth until they free up.
Over time, debris can accumulate and prevent the straps from pulling fully. You may need to clean around the straps. Also check for any twist or entanglement of the release mechanisms under the seats.
Make sure nothing is binding them up from operating smoothly. With some loosening and manipulation, the seats should fold down normally again.
How to Recline Passenger Seat in Jeep Wrangler?
To recline the passenger seat in a Jeep Wrangler, you can follow these steps:
Locate the seat adjustment lever: Look for a lever or handle on the side of the seat. It is usually positioned near the base of the seat or on the outer side.
Pull the lever: Grasp the lever and pull it towards you. This action should release the seatback, allowing you to adjust it.
Recline the seat: While holding the lever, lean back and push against the seatback to recline it to your desired angle. Release the lever once you have found a comfortable position.
Test the seat: Sit in the seat and ensure that it is securely locked in place. Wiggle the seatback slightly to confirm that it is stable and won’t unexpectedly recline while driving.