Are you tired of constantly checking the oil life of your Jeep Wrangler 2017? Do you want to know how to reset oil life on jeep wrangler 2017 or other years easily? If yes, then you’re in the right place!
In this article, we’ll guide you step-by-step on How to Reset Oil Life on Jeep Wrangler and this process applies on wrangler from 2007 to 2017.
Reset Oil Life on Jeep Wrangler (2007 – 2017)
Resetting the oil life on your 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Jeep Wrangler is a quick and simple process that can be done in just a few minutes. Here’s how to do it:
- Turn the ignition key to the “On” position but don’t start the engine.
- Once you have done that and the lights are flashing, you have 10 seconds in which time you need to press the Gas Pedal 3 times.
- Once you have done that, Turn the ignition key to the “Off” position and remove the keys.
- Then again turn the ignition to “ON” position without starting the engine and you will see that oil light is reset.
Reset Oil Life on Jeep Wrangler 2018 – 2021
Here’s a step-by-step guide on How to Reset Oil Life on Jeep Wrangler 2018, 2019, 2020, or 2021.
- Turn the Ignition Key to Run Position, For vehicles with a traditional ignition key, turn the key to the “run” position. On push to start ignitions, push the ignition button twice to get to the “run” position.
- Access the Vehicle Info/Tire Pressure Screen by Using the buttons on the left side of your steering wheel, scroll down until you see the “Vehicle Info/Tire Pressure” screen in the instrument cluster display.
- Navigate to the Oil Life Screen by Pressing the right or left arrow button until you reach the “Oil Life” screen.
- Reset the Oil Life by Pressing and holding down the “Okay” button until the oil life reaches 100%. This will reset the oil life on your Jeep Wrangler.
It’s that simple! By following these steps, you can ensure that your vehicle’s oil life is always accurate and up-to-date, helping you keep your Jeep Wrangler running smoothly.
It is important to reset the oil life after each oil change to ensure that the vehicle’s maintenance reminders are accurate. By resetting the oil life, you can keep track of when the next oil change is due and ensure that your Jeep Wrangler runs smoothly and efficiently.
How Long Can I Go Without an Oil Change on Jeep Wrangler?
The general recommendation for oil changes on a Jeep Wrangler is to have it done every 5000 miles or 4 months, whichever comes first. However, some modern Jeep Wrangler models with synthetic oil can go up to 7,500 miles or 7 months and the highest you can go without an oil change is 10000 to 12000 Miles.
In conclusion, resetting the oil life on your 2017 Jeep Wrangler is a quick and straightforward process that can be done in just a few minutes. By following the steps outlined above, you can keep track of when your next oil change is due and maintain the performance and efficiency of your vehicle.